11/06/2009

Latvian Designers at Finish store

Latvian Top Designer finality has been noticed by retailers! Hurray for that!
There is shop called Stockmann, originating fro Finland and established in 1862 and now with shops on Russia, Latvia, Estonia and Finland. For ones, who don`t know Stockmann for Finland and Baltic states is like Harrod's for British.
I`m very happy that the shop with Latvijas modes fonds (Latvian Fashion Fund) cooperation has organized Latvian Fashion Designer month. During this month you can buy Latvian Designers clothes at that store! Unfotunatly we, Girl and Boy couldn't attend the oppening even, however soon we are going to visit local designers and their studios. But you can check out  Ingrīda Dārzniece, Natālija Jansone, Anna Led, Baiba Ripa, KatjaKatja Shehurina, Inese Lapsiņa un Frazzo by Alexander Pavlov collections at Stockmann.
We keep our fingers crossed for Latvian Fashion, tough prices could be more friendly...


******************
Actually, today I went to Stockmann to check out the collection and I instantly fell in love with 3 garments – pink blouse with sculptured shoulders and grey/black knitted dress by Natalija Jansone and just perfect black jumpsuit by KatjaKatja Shehurina. Of course, I tried everything on and guess what all pieces looked sooo cool and I felt so special wearing Latvian designers. I even tried them on more carefully than I’ve ever done with any other thing.  I’m in love. I wouldn’t say that prices are super high (but higher than average) however it depends on designer. Price range for things I tried on was between 62Ls (blouse) and 140Ls (jumpsuit) however I saw skirts for 400Ls or so too. Now I’m seriously considering buy something from Latvian designers, it just feels so fashion-forward and right.   
Btw why Stockmann doesn’t sell Latvian designers’ collections permanently? Ehhhh I would like that!
What's your thoughts buying & wearing brands "Made in Latvia"?



1 comment:

  1. Love your blog; I'm a journalist writing a book about hand knitting in the EU. Love Anna Led, but do you know of any other Latvian designers who include hand knits in their collections? I absolutely agree Stockman's should feature Latvian designers in their Riga store all the time!

    My email is carla.breeze@gmail.com and my rarely updated blog (because I began it before I had a google account and can only rarely retrieve the passwork) is ecomodista.blogger.com

    Any assistance rendered will be appropriately credited in my book, which is being published by Stewart Tabori Chang.

    Thank you, Carla

    ReplyDelete